Tap into Healthy Teeth was developed to raise public awareness on the safety and benefits of community water fluoridation among the general public, health professionals and water operators. This website provides comprehensive, evidence-based information and resources on community water fluoridation in Wisconsin.
Oral health plays a major role in the overall health of the body throughout a person’s life. Community water fluoridation is a proven method for the prevention of dental decay throughout life. It has improved the oral health of Wisconsin residents since 1946.
Tap into Healthy Teeth supporters are leading statewide health and professional organizations.
The Tap into Healthy Teeth website is supported by oral health advocates, working together to preserve our state’s gains in access to optimally fluoridated water. Our organizational allies, listed below, are coming together to ensure that Wisconsin residents get the basic dental care they need to grow, learn and lead healthy lives – through water fluoridation and education.
By signing on as a supporter, you commit to educating on the benefits of community water fluoridation and to notifying this network of local concerns throughout the state. In return, you will receive an exclusive lapel pin, access to additional resources and the eBytes oral health newsletter, updating you about Wisconsin community water fluoridation activities and resources related to community water fluoridation.
We would love to hear from you. The Wisconsin Oral Health Coalition (WOHC) understands that community water fluoridation can be a topic of discussion in some communities. We are here to support you in your efforts to learn more about community water fluoridation. We can offer the following services:
- Answer questions about community water fluoridation
- Provide resources to educate others in your community about community water fluoridation
- Link you to Regional Community Water Fluoridation Specialists that can offer assistance and educational opportunities at the local level
- Provide evidence-based science to support the safety and effectiveness of community water fluoridation
- Provide support if you are working to promote community water fluoridation in your community